Sup people. This post will be a short one on why I feel learning
digital marketing is important. And as I am from Singapore, will provide
articles from my home country. #Patriotic #butreallyloveMelbourne
#whyiswoolworthsdeclining #snapchatftw
First
of all, there is no denying that digital tools/products/media is influencing
our lives and the world more than ever. People are just consuming more digital
content in this day and age, from Facebook, news websites, watching MasterChef
episodes on tenplay.com, all of which accessed their convenient mobile phones,
tablets, laptops, desktops, rather than analogue available channels (TV).
Big
brands like Mcdonalds, Coles, Woolworths, Hungry Jacks and KFC, utilize digital
marketing in their strategy. Creating two way communication between
organisation and customers, benefiting both parties. It is more convenient for
customers to retrieve information, be notified of latest announcements, etc...
And at the same time, with proper handling of digital channels, organisations
could vastly increase their following and awareness among the population.
I
would not have known about KFC 24 nuggets for $10 if it were not for Facebook.
The posts and news were both shared by KFC themselves, and my friends.
Look
at this, its frigging amazing marketing.
And
this. I TAGGED MYSELF.
24 Nuggets for $10 is
truly amazing. I love Melbourne so much for this. Mcdonalds has it, KFC has it.
My gawd. This is the best place on earth. Where else on this planet can you get
24 nuggets for $10?!?!?!? That is like $0.41? per nugget. Bloody amazing stuff.
Like normally its around $4 for 6 nuggets and about $8 for a meal or something
i think, cant really remember. Like who has the money to pay that amount. I
love this deal. Nuggets for life.
Anyways, I am really bored
of writing this post. Its 2.12am, I want to sleep.
Articles about the decline
of physical retail in Singapore:
They mainly address the
issue of falling retail sales in Singapore, and how coupled with the high rent,
less retail shops are opening in shopping malls.
And the next following
article shows the rise of e-commerce in Singapore.
Taking an interesting
paragraph from the above article: "It found that Southeast Asia is the world's
fastest growing Internet region, with an existing Internet user base of 260
million. This is expected to grow to 480 million users by 2020. Consequently,
the Internet economy in Southeast Asia is expected to exceed US$200 billion by
2025, driven mostly by the growth of the e-commerce market, followed by online
media and online travel, the report said.".
These
statistics are an indication to growing importance of digital marketing for
organisations (and ourselves).


No comments:
Post a Comment